Barista Maestro Eastway Hub DT
To lead a shift in the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Manager, opening and closing the store to the standard required by Sim Trava Limited. To train and coach all Baristas in delivering the unbeatable coffee experience to all our customers.
- Must be an accredited Barista and completed Barista Core Skills training workbook.
- Completed Coffee skills Workbook and been signed off by a Barista Maestro or Store Manager.
- Desire to take on extra responsibility.
- Full knowledge of Costa standards.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Good organisational skills – ability to plan coffee excellence training.
- Experience of running shifts.
Skills and qualities:
- Passionate about Coffee.
- Passionate about training and coaching.
- Brand Ambassador.
- To lead shifts when assigned by the Store or Assistant Manager ensuring that all Costa policies and procedures are followed.
- Understand the COSTA check, Listen and Learn, Health and Safety audits and undertake audits and checks as required by the Store Manager.
- Enable team members to understand and deliver all of the standards in the Coffee Excellence section of the Costa Check.
- Train and accredit all new team members to Barista level using the Barista Training Workbook and ensure that all accredited Baristas receive and wear single silver barista bean pin.
- Review monthly Coffee Excellence scores, communicate actions and updates regularly at team meetings.
- Brief team on any changes to drinks recipes and the launch of any seasonal drinks.
- Coach and support the team throughout shifts to ensure all drinks are delivered to Costa brand standards.
- Identify any gaps in training and organise training as appropriate.
- Support On-Job experiences in store.
- Opening the store/preparing for the shift to brand standard.
- Closing the store/completing the shift to brand standard.
- Deploy the team effectively according to the trading pattern of the store and complete the daily shift planner.
- Checking the quality of the espresso by accurately measuring & recording the grind & dose.
- Ensuring that all coffee equipment is in good working order; report any faults to the Store Manager.
- Ordering consumables/food, and carrying out stock takes.
- Accepting deliveries.
- Cash management.